The level 3 qualification for delivering conflict management has been designed by the awarding bodies to meet the requirements of trainers who wish to deliver scenario-based conflict management training. Learners will already have completed a training qualification, for example Level 3 or Level 4 Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector.
The qualification is suitable for delivery across a wide range of sectors and is of particular benefit to those delivering training in a customer-facing role. The qualification also meets the requirements of the Security Industry Authority for those delivering the licence to practice qualifications which include scenario-based conflict management training.
You should be 18 or above and the learners should have a suitable teaching qualification or ptlls at level 3 or 4
What would be taught and assessed
- Know how communication can be used to solve problems and reduce the likelihood of conflict
- Know the factors that influence human responses in conflict situations
- Know how to assess and reduce risks in conflict situations
- Know how to communicate effectively and de-escalate conflict in emotive situations
- Know good practice to follow after conflict Situations
- Understand the principles of scenario-based conflict management training
- Be able to plan and design scenario based conflict management training
- Be able to deliver scenario-based conflict management training
- Know how to evaluate own Performance