- This qualification supersedes the PTLLS qualifications
- Duration: 48 Hours
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training provides an introduction to teaching. It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, such as:
- Individuals not currently teaching or training – achievement of the qualification does not require practice other than microteaching unless units from the Learning and Development suite of qualifications are selected;
- Individuals currently teaching and training, including those who have just begun teaching and training. Although the qualification does not require practice other than microteaching (unless units from the Learning and Development suite of qualifications are selected), opportunities may be made available to observe and provide feedback on a trainee teacher’s practice;
- Individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching.
Objectives of the qualification include meeting relevant programmes of learning, preparing learners for employment, supporting a role in the workplace.
This qualification replaces the Level 3 Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (QCF).
Structure of education and training qualification
To be awarded the Level 3 Award in Education and Training, the learner must achieve a minimum of 12 credits in total: 3 credits from the one unit in the Mandatory Unit Group A, a minimum of 6 credits from Optional Group B and a minimum of 3 credits from Optional Group C.
Assessment of award for education and training
All units in this qualification are assessed by. There is also a requirement for the assessment of one or more micro teach sessions and assessment of practice for the optional units from the Learning and Development suite.
Learning outcomes in this qualification (or relevant unit) must be assessed using methods appropriate to the assessment of knowledge and understanding; these can be assessed by a variety of methods including:
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment
- Question and answer test
- Multiple choice questions
- Question and answer verbal (ensure records are kept)
Learner Entry Requirements for award for education and training
All trainee teachers joining this qualification programme should undertake an initial assessment of skills in English, mathematics and ICT. They should record their development needs and, where applicable, agree on an action plan to address them. If trainee teachers join the qualification programme having already undertaken an initial assessment of their English, mathematics and ICT skills, their record of development needs and any previous actions taken to address them should be reviewed and updated as required.
There are no other nationally agreed entry requirements.
There is no requirement in relation to the minimum core in this qualification. However, there is a requirement to carry out an initial assessment of a trainee teacher’s personal skills in English, mathematics and ICT.
Progression after the award
Learners may progress to the Level 4 Certificate in Education in Training or a Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training.
Venues for Education and training qualifications
The education and training qualifications at level 3, 4 and 5 are offered by 1 ace training at multiple venues across Greater London, our forest gate venue is suitable for learners wishing to do the education and learning qualification from forest gate, Stratford, Ilford, Romford, central London, Bethnal-green, Newham etc