DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR SIA SECURITY COURSES AND SIA LICENCE
Click to Book a Course
In line with the Security Industry Authority’s documentation requirements, Approved Centres may accept the following forms of identification
- One identity document from Group A and two documents from Group B. At least one document must
show the candidate’s date of birth. Each Group B document must show the candidate’s current address.
Each document should be the original, physical document. We will not accept a scan or photocopy.
Group A and Group B
When you take an SIA Qualification or apply for an SIA licence, you will need to provide documents that prove your identity and you may need to provide documents that prove your address. The documents are categorised as Group A and Group B.
Are you short of documents or need guidance Contact Us
- Signed valid passport (any nationality) that is current 1
- Signed valid UK photo card driving licence issued by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) in
- UK original birth certificate (issued within 12 months of birth) 3
- UK Biometric Residence Permit card 4
- Signed valid photo card driving licence and its paper counterpart issued by DVA Northern Ireland 5
- Valid UK firearms licence with photo 6
- P45 statement or P60 statement issued in the last 12 months 7
- Bank or building society statement issued to your current address, less than three months old (you
can use a maximum of two statements as long as each is issued by a different bank or building society)8
- Mortgage statement issued in the last 12 months 9
- Pension, endowment or ISA statement issued in the last 12 months
You can only use a maximum of ONE statement 10
- Utility bill (gas/electric/telephone/water/satellite TV/cable TV) issued to your current address within
the last three months You can only use a maximum of ONE utility bill 11
- A credit card statement sent to your current address within the last three months. (You can use 2 statements, but only if they are from different credit-card providers) 12
- Letter from HM Revenue & Customs, the Department of Work and Pensions, a Jobcentre Plus – or any
other employment service or a local authority issued in the last three months You can only use a maximum of ONE letter 13
- Council Tax statement issued in the last 12 months 14
- Signed valid photo card driving licence issued by DVA Northern Ireland (not the paper counterpart) 15
- A signed paper version of a current UK driving licence (not the paper counterpart to a photo card)
(this will not be accepted as a form of identification if ID code 2 has been used) 16
If you wish to work in the security industry in any capacity as a door supervisor, security guard, cctv operative, cash and valuables in transit operative or key holding you would require having any of the following documents in Group A or Group B.
You are also required to provide two passport size photographs with a light background. If you do not have the photographs on the first day of training please arrange to provide the same on your second day of training, if you are doing more than one course or training you shall require additional photographs depending upon the number, of courses, you are taking.
Documents required for SIA (Security Industry Authority) linked qualifications
As per SIA instructions in order to sit for the examinations which lead to an SIA qualification the learners are required to ensure that the documentation is complete. It is your responsibility to have these documents with you, you are required to ensure that you have the documents as per the list mentioned above during your examinations. If you do not have the documents during your examinations you would not be able to sit in your exams. We may pose a penalty to carry forward your exam which may be up to the full amount of the course fee. Should you have any question please call us on 0203 983 4570.